No recipe collection is complete without sweet potato casserole. But the debate continues. Is it a side dish? Or is it a dessert? We should make some and see if we can figure this out!
Whenever the subject of grits come up, Southerners quickly divide into politely disagreeable camps. Which are best? What’s the proper way to eat grits? Well, that depends. There are lots of different ideas about how to cook grits.
Here’s a no-fuss recipe for delicious apple butter, which you can partly make overnight while you sleep. It’s hard to beat good, old-fashioned slow-cooker apple butter 5.0 from 1 reviews Slow-Cooker Apple Butter Author: Peggy Chaney Recipe type: Side Dish Serves: 3 pints Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 8 hours Total time: 8 […]
If you were raised in the South, you grew up eating stewed potatoes at least a couple of times a month, if not every week. Served with cornbread and blackeyed peas, stewed potatoes were a real treat from any old Southerner’s proper childhood.
- Southern Stewed Potatoes May 11, 2014
- Old-Fashioned Black Walnut Pound Cake November 9, 2012
- Baked Chocolate Pie April 23, 2014
- Sweet Potato Casserole March 7, 2017
- Old-Fashioned Oyster Stew February 19, 2017
- Old Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake April 11, 2016