- 2 & 1/2 cups fresh corn (About 5 ears)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter , melted
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 1 (8oz.) pkg. fresh mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
1) Pulse first 4 ingredients in food processor 3 to 4 times or just until corn is coarsely chopped.
2) Stir together flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in corn just until dry ingredients are moistened.
3) Spoon 1/2 cup batter for each cake onto a hot and lightly greased griddle or a large non stick pan, to form 2 inch cakes.
Do not spread or flatten cakes. Cook cakes 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn and cook other side.