I love broccoli and I also love macaroni and cheese! This combination makes a killer casserole! I hope you will try it! Enjoy! ~ Mama Peggy
Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bake Archive
I love broccoli and I also love macaroni and cheese! This combination makes a killer casserole! I hope you will try it! Enjoy!
Author: Peggy Chaney
Recipe type: Casserole
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 cans (12oz. each) evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups (10 oz.) cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup crushed Zesta wheat crackers (about 6 crackers)
- Cook macaroni according to pkg. directions, adding broccoli the last 5 minutes-drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter, stir in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt until smooth; gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for two minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in 2 cups cheese.
- Place half the macaroni and broccoli in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish or pan.
- Top with half of the cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with crackers crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20 -25 minutes or until bubbly!