- 3 Large eggs,at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 & 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. each baking powder and baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups diced, peeled and cored crisp apples (Fuji, Granny smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1 cup broken Walnuts
- 1 cup diced dried apricots or golden raisins.
- Honey Cream Cheese frosting (recipes follows)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
2) In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla for 5 minutes or until light. Slowly beat in honey and oil until well blended.
3) In a separate bowl, Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Add flour mixture, Apples, Walnuts, and apricots to egg mixture; Fold together until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 35 minutes or until top is set; Cool in pan. Spread with Honey Cream Cheese frosting. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Cut into squares.
Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
Beat 2 (8 oz.each) softened Cream Cheese, 1/2 cup Honey, and 2 tsp. vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Chill until stiff enough to spread.