Apple, Walnut, and Honey Spice Cake (with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting)
This is a rich, hearty honey spice cake recipe that will quickly become a favorite in your family.
Author: Peggy Chaney
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 10 servings
- 3 Large eggs,at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Honey
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 & ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. each baking powder and baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups diced, peeled and cored crisp apples (Fuji, Granny smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1 cup broken Walnuts
- 1 cup diced dried apricots or golden raisins.
- Honey Cream Cheese frosting (recipes follows)
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with a non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla for 5 minutes or until light.
- Slowly beat in honey and oil until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- Add flour mixture, apples, walnuts, and apricots to egg mixture; Fold together until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until top is set; cool in pan.
- Spread with Honey Cream Cheese frosting.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Cut into squares.
- Honey Cream Cheese Frosting - Beat 2 (8 oz.each) softened Cream Cheese, ½ cup Honey, and 2 tsp. vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Chill until stiff enough to spread.