A great, simple, slow-cooked barbecue pork recipe which will leave your house smelling like Heaven for most of the day! This makes great sandwiches with some slaw, or enjoy it as-is with some potato salad and sweet tea.
Crockpot Barbecue Pork
- Crock Pot
- 4 - 5 lbs pork roast
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 onion large
- 3 tsp red pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook for 10 to 12 hours on low.
- Remove pork from crock pot and allow to cool.
- Pull pork apart and place into a large bowl.
- Add leftover drippings to bowl, and stir.
- Makes great sandwiches with slaw!
This barbecue is mighty good just on its own. But if you really want a treat, make a sandwich with it and add some cole slaw on top of it, and serve it up with a side of Carolina style hush puppies. Now that’s a meal!