A great, old-fashioned salmon loaf recipe.
Basic Best Salmon Loaf
A great, old-fashioned salmon loaf recipe. This basic salmon loaf is delicious with tartar sauce, or make a mushroom sauce to drizzle over the loaf.
- 1 can Double Q Alaskan salmon (14.75 oz)
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup finely minced onions
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dill weed
- dash pepper
- Drain Salmon, reserve 2 tablespoons liquid; flake. Make sure to get out all the little bones.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Place in well-greased 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 loaf pan or shape into loaf on greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
For Salmon Patties:
- Prepare salmon mixture as above. Shape into eight 1- inch thick patties. Pan fry on both sides in 2 Tablespoons oil or butter until golden brown.