This is the perfect lemon pound cake for folks like a little of that lemon zing. It’s not as super-sweet as most of the lemon pound cake recipes our there.
Archive | Cakes RSS feed for this section
This is the cake you want on a cool autumn Sunday evening. Full of the flavors everyone craves – brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. It’s very moist and delicious all by itself, but even yummier with a dollop of whipped cream or frosting!
An old family recipe from the kitchen of Mama Peggy, found on a notepad in a box filled with some of her favorite recipes. Mama Peggy’s was renowned for many of the things she cooked, but those who sampled her chocolate pound cake considered themselves blessed!
Here’s a recipe that any old-time Southern cook has to have in her collection. This is a black walnut pound cake recipe like our grandmothers used to make, and is at least 100 years old. You can serve this cake with our without an icing, but it’s amazing by itself. Nothing beats a nice, warm […]
- Southern Stewed Potatoes May 11, 2014
- Old-Fashioned Black Walnut Pound Cake November 9, 2012
- Baked Chocolate Pie April 23, 2014
- Peanut Butter Fudge December 12, 2017
- Something New and Fancy November 21, 2017
- Old-Fashioned Roast Turkey November 14, 2017