A wonderful recipe for home made chicken & dumplings, just liked my sister Edith made!
Chicken and Dumplings (My sister Edith’s recipe)
A wonderful recipe for home made chicken & dumplings, just like my sister Edith made!
- 1 hen (or 4 large chicken breasts – do not remove skin)
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups plain flour (sifted)
- salt & pepper
- Cook chicken in large pot (cover chicken with water) until well done. Let cool.
- Remove chicken from pot. Shred and save until later.
- Pour 2 cups cooled broth into bed of flour to form dough.
- Divide dough into several pieces and roll out with rolling pin.
- Cut dough into strips.
- Reheat broth in pot to rolling boil.
- Add butter and allow to melt.
- Drop dumplings into boiling broth. Let boil 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put shredded chicken back into pot and boil 5 minutes more.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How do you use the butter?