A wonderful, rich French silk chocolate pie that has to be tasted to be believed. Rich and creamy in a way that store-bought pies can never hope to be.
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 6 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- In medium saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Blend well. Gradually add milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Add chocolate chips and vanilla, stirring until chips and melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into large mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl or mixer combine heavy cream and confectioners sugar.
- Beat until soft peaks form.
- Chill for 2 or 3 hours.
- Beat cooled chocolate mixture at medium speed about 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Fold into whipped cream.
- Spoon into crust.
[singlepic id=71 h=301 w=200]