Fried Chicken Strips
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 3 lb chicken, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1½ cup Bisquick mix
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sage
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 24 oz vegetable oil
- Wipe chicken dry.
- Combine flour, lemon juice, salt, and butter into a paste.
- Coat chicken evenly.
- Put coated pieces into a bowl.
- Combine Bisquick mix with spice.
- Dip chicken pieces into milk and then into mixture. Dust off excess.
- In large skillet, heat oil until bubbling slightly.
- Fry chicken pieces until lightly browned (about 4 minutes on each side).
- Place chicken in shallow pan and spoon any remaining milk over pieces,
- Seal with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover and baste with milk again.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, uncovered, to crisp the chicken.