New Potato Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 cups low fat yogurt
- 3 lbs. of small potatoes, scrubbed with skin on, cut in half if large
- 3 tsp. salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 scallions trimmed, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup snipped chives
- 3 tsp. bottled horseradish
- 3 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Line colander with cheese cloth or 2 layers of paper towels.
- Add yogurt and drain for 2 hours. You should have 2 cups solid yogurt. Discard liquid.
- Cook potatoes with 2 tsp. salt added.
- Boil 12 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Whisk drained yogurt, sour cream, scallions and chives, lemon juice, horseradish, sugar, pepper and remaining 1 tsp. salt in large bowl.
- Quarter potatoes, add to dressing.
- Stir gently until all pieces are coated.