Recipe type: Main Dishes
Serves: 6 servings
This is just a good, simple oyster stew recipe. No muss, no fuss. And it's delicious!
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream
- 1 pint oysters
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- In a 2 quart saucepan, scald the milk and cream.
- Drain the oysters, but save the liquid for later.
- Look over the oysters and make sure to remove any shell bits.
- Melt the butter in saucepan.
- Add the oysters with the liquid you saved.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the oysters have plumped up a bit and the edges have begun to curl.
- Stir the oyster mixture into the scalded milk, and add the salt and pepper.