- 1 small hen
- 4 cups cornbread (crumbled)
- 5 cups cold biscuits (crumbled)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 large or two medium onions, chopped
- sage or poultry seasoning (to your personal taste – I like to taste it but not be overwhelmed by too much sage)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 stick margarine
- 3 eggs , beaten
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- Chicken broth (to make dressing the texture of mashed potatoes)
Saute onions and celery in margarine until soft. Crumble biscuits and cornbread in large bowl or pot. Pour hot chicken broth over crumbs! Add other ingredients including one can of cream of chicken soup. Let set about 1 hour to marinate. If the mixture seems too dry, add a little more broth. Pour mixture in 9×13 baking pan or dish! Bake at 375 degrees for 30 or 45 minutes. You may also mix chicken pieces in the dressing, if you like. Either way it’s really good!
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 hard boiled eggs
Mix soup and chicken broth with a wire whisk in a medium pot. Put on burner and allow to get hot. Check to see if salt and pepper is needed. Add sliced boiled eggs. Also, pieces of chicken from the hen will make it taste even better. If you want thinner dressing, use two pans!
ENJOY! I love this dressing!