- 1 lb hamburger meat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 large can of diced tomat0es, with juice
- 1 can of Ro-tel mild diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
Brown ground beef,onions and bell pepper in large saucepan, drain. Then combine with other ingredients, mixing well! Spray 15 X 9 in. pan with cooking spray. Pour all in baking pan.
Then prepare topping:
- ! cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup self -rising corn meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Beat first four ingredients together, then stir in cheese! Pour slowly over the pinto bean mixture! Place in 400 degree oven. Bake for 30 or 40 minutes! Just until real brown on top!
Note: I’ve used Blackeyed peas instead of pintos. Loved it! I’ve also replaced cream of chicken soup with Cream of mushroom soup! Very good!