This is a YUMMY casserole if you love Mexican food. It’s been a favorite of my family for years! And that’s from a Southern family that’s not known for liking wild things like this nacho casserole. ~ Victoria Sadler Lovelace
That’s NaCho Casserole!
This is a YUMMY casserole if you love Mexican food. It's been a favorite of my family for years! ~ Victoria Sadler Lovelace
- 1 to 1 ½ lbs lean ground beef
- 1 can refried beans (large)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes w/ chiles (mild)
- 1 small container cottage cheese
- 1 med bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lg bag of tortilla chips
- Brown the beef, drained the grease.
- Add taco seasoning and water as directed on taco package.
- Mix in refried beans and the Ro-Tel tomatoes.
- Set this mixture aside.
- In a large baking dish (I use the aluminum kind because they are bigger and deeper) and spray with Pam or some non-stick spray).
- Put a layer of chips along the bottom of the pan.
- Next put a layer of the beef/bean mixture.
- Next about 1/3 of the cottage cheese.
- Next about ¼ of the package of cheese (we like a LOT of cheese so I usually buy extra ).
- Next about 5-6 tablespoons of salsa.
- This is your first layer. Repeat this process and end with a layer of cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and sides are bubbling.
- Serve hot and top with the cold fresh garnishes.
- Fresh chopped onions, green peppers, tomatoes, lettuces, black olives and I usually get a jar of jalapenos because the fresh ones burn me up! Sour Cream. Shredded cheddar cheese. Salsa. What would you like?
Calories: 701 Fat: 38.9 g Carbohydrates: 54.9 g Fiber: 8.9 g Protein: 33.4 g Cholesterol: 94.1 mg