If you’ve never eaten a fresh cherry pie, you’re in for a treat. It’s a bit of work to pit the cherries, but once that’s done, there isn’t much left to do.
If you've never eaten a fresh cherry pie, you're in for a treat. It's a bit of work to pit the cherries, but once that's done, there's not much left to do.
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 cups pitted fresh or canned tart cherries
- 1 tbsp butter
- Prepare pastry. Roll out half of pastry and line 9-inch pie plate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- For filling, combine sugar, cornstarch, sale and pitted cherries.
- Place filling in pie crust and dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry for top crust and cut a few slashes for vent.
- Top pie with slashed top crust.
- Flute edges.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until golden.