This is a new recipe. I hope you will try it! ~ Mama Peggy
Creamy Cheese Grits and Spinach
I hope you will try this delicious way of making grits! Creamy cheese grits and spinach is wonderful! ~ Mama Peggy
- 1 pkg baby spinach (5 oz) thoroughly washed
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quick grits (cooking, not instant)
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ½ pkg shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- Coarsely chop spinach.
- Bring grits to a boil in vegetable broth in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in spinach, cheese, milk, and spices until well blended and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.