- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 & 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mini real semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 35 milk chocolate candy kisses
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 inch pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 1- inch overhang; Set aside.
2. Combine brown sugar, margarine, and peanut butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often,until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Pat dough into prepared pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately press evenly spaced chocolate candies into warm bars. Cool completely.Remove bars from pan using edges of foil: Cut into bars.cutting between candies. yield : 35 bars