This pound cake is a wonderful throwback to a Southern childhood. What kid in the South didn’t grow up drinking Orange Crush? If you loved the soft drink as a kid (or love it now), you have to try this Orange Crush pound cake!
Orange Crush Pound Cake
You'll need the recipe to the frosting for this cake, as well. Look for "Orange Crush Pound Cake Frosting" on MamaPeggy.com, or follow the link on the "Orange Crush Pound Cake" page.
Author: Peggy Chaney
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour (if you use all purpose flour, you must sift it four times)
- 1 /2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Orange Crush soda
- 1 tsp. orange flavoring
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar and shortening until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the Orange Crush.
- Add flavorings.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and ten minutes.
- Let cake cool about 15 minutes.
- Spread frosting on cake while it's still warm!