- 14 uncooked Lasagna noodles
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 & 1/2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 & 1/2 cups 1% low fat milk
- 1 &3/4 tsp. salt,divided
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1(16-oz) bag frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed
- 1(24-oz.small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1) Cook 7 lasagna noodles according to pkg. directions; remove with tongs or a slotted spoon to a large bowl of cold water. Repeat with remaining noodles. Drain noodles, and arrange in a single layer on clean paper towels. Cover with plastic wrap.
2) Cook onions in hot oil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until onion is caramel colored. Add garlic, and saute 1 minute. Reserve 1/4 cup cup onion mixture. Whisk flour into remaining onion mixture in saucepan, and cook ,whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook over medium heat whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, and 1/8 tsp. nutmeg.
Spoon 1/2 cup sauce into lightly greased 13 x 9 inch. baking dish.
3) Drain spinach well , pressing between paper towels.
4) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Stir together spinach, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, reserved 1/4 cup onion mixture, and remaining 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
5) Spread about 3 Tbsp. spinach mixture over 1 noodle; roll up firmly and place, seam side down, in prepared baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles and spinach mixture. Spoon remaining sauce over roll-ups and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6) Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.