This is simpler version of sweet potato pie but it is good too! I’m certainly looking forward to Thanksgiving! It’s my favorite time of the year. A time to stop and reflect on how much we have to be thankful for ! I hope God has been as good to you as He has been to me!
~ Mama Peggy
- 1⅓ cups pie crust mix
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. cold water
- 3 eggs
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ to 2 tsps. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- Whipped topping and additional chopped pecans (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine pie crust mix and pecans.
- Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Roll out to fit a 9- in. deep dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Flute edges; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, milk, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt; blend until smooth. Pour into pastry.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees, bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Garnish with whipped cream and toasted pecans, if you like! Enjoy! My mouth is watering already!